He sits back snug against the pillows and watches his wife get ready for bed. All the signs are there that she is in the mood, but for some or other reason his penis isn’t quite as eager to play along. Usually by this time, blood flow to the veins are firmly in place.
She crawls into bed with him and presses her soft curves against his body. But instead of shifting his hands underneath her nighty, he just throws one arm over her and holds her tightly. He hears how her breathing softly intensifies in anticipation of his touch. He too is lying and waiting for the old stiffy to kick in.
After a while she moves her hand downwards towards his lower body and massages his penis.
“Looks like I will have to shake someone awake,” she says playfully.
Her attempts are however, in vain, and after a while she asks rather surprised what’s wrong. He just shrugs. She immediately thinks that she did something wrong and starts flooding him with questions. Is it her perfume? Does he want them to switch the lights on during sex? Must they try a new position?
“Hang on, the problem doesn’t lie with you,” he eventually stops her. “It just doesn’t want to get erect.”
She suggests that she stimulate it with her mouth, and he eagerly complies. It sparks a reaction!
He places his wife on her back, ready to penetrate, just to find that his penis retreats back into its shell like a shy tortoise.
“Now what!” he says out loud and throws his arms up in the air.
She switches the bedside lamp on and looks with big eyes at how he sulkily sits on the edge of the bed.
“Maybe you are just rushing it,” she says carefully. “I don’t mind if we try again.”
“It won’t help,” he grumbles. “The guys at work said this would happen!”
“What’s going to happen?” she asks baffled.
“Well, you know. Age.”
His wife reaches an “ah-ha” moment. Of course, at the end of the month he turns 45.
“”I’m no doctor, but I don’t think you should lend your ears out to everything that your colleagues say.”
“My love, I don’t want to be one of those losers who has to swallow pills to get an erection,” he says abruptly.”
“And even if you have to, what’s wrong with that? I won’t think any less of you.”
“Yes, but . . .”
“But nothing! There is nothing to be scared or shy of. You remember Donald, Karlien’s husband?”
He rolls his eyes. “Yes, the one that you all think is so sexy.”
“He had erection problems quite a while back. His job was very stressful and on top of that he was a heavy smoker. He did however, get the necessary help and today all is well with him again.”
“Really? That guy’s like Superman, and he is younger than me! I would’ve never guessed that!” he says surprised.
“You see! Anyone can overcome it and there are many things that can cause it – not just age. Let’s rather get an expert’s opinion as opposed to your friends’, what do you say?”
What can prevent you from getting an erection?
- Depression: It can dampen your desire and lead to erectile dysfunctions. Ironically enough, several anti-depressants can also repress your sex drive and make an erection difficult to achieve.
- Performance anxiety: Worrying about your ability to perform in bed can actually cause your penis not to play along.
- Medication: There are several types of medication (for example blood pressure, pain or anxiety) that can cause erectile dysfunction. Consult your doctor.
- Low self-image: If you don’t like what you see in the mirror, then you will be worried that your partner feels the same way. For some people it means added stress to do things in the bedroom that will make up for a low self-image.
- Low libido: It’s not rocket science – if you are just not in the mood for sex, it will be difficult to get an erection. If your desire, however is often stifled, it is time to look at your physical and psychological health.
- Low testosterone levels: Testosterone is the petrol that fuels your sex drive. If you, for one-or-other reason, find yourself without “petrol”, then your penis woWhat is killing your rock hard erection?n’t just jump up and say “GO”. You can over come it with supplements like Testomax
- Alcohol: A few drinks can get you in the mood, but take too much and your penis will have a hangover before you do. Moderation is key.
- Overweight: Extra body fat lowers testosterone levels and your self-esteem, and can mean bye-bye libido. Burning fat isn’t a rocket science. It is infact lot easier than you though. By the way, don’t go for dangerous drugs like Phentermine, Clenbuterol etc. This and this article will explain you why?
- Smoking: Nicotine narrows the veins and hampers blood flow to the penis.
- Health problems: Different health problems can influence the nerves, muscles or blood flow needed to achieve an erection. These include diabetes, high blood pressure, and hardening of the veins, spinal cord injuries and multiple sclerosis.
Some healing Touch & Solution
Are you suddenly reluctant for a night under the sheets with the missis? Are you struggling to feel excited about a date? You probably have a low libido.
A low libido shouldn’t be confused with erectile dysfunction. Even if you have erectile dysfunction, your desire for sex is still there. However, if you don’t have the desire to have sex, you most probably have a low libido. It might sound like a strange statement to make, but a lot of men experience this.
What can influence your libido?
Stress and depression
Financial-, relationship- and work-stress can all have an impact on your libido. It’s difficult to have a desire for sex when you’re worried about where the next car payment will be coming from. When you experience stress, your body releases hormones like cortisol and efidrien. It can lead to chronic stress and can interfere with the hormones that arouse your sexual desire. Depression is very common these days and can be treated. If you feel tired and depressed the whole time, you should go and see your doctor.
If you’re bored with and in your relationship, it will also douse your desire. It’s completely normal to be so used to your partner after 20 years of marriage, that you feel like there’s nothing new that will fire up the passion in your relationship again. By this time, you’ve tried every trick in the book. Even if you haven’t been married that long, your sex life could also start to feel drab. Spontaneity is missing and you find yourself in the missionary position every Sunday afternoon when the kids are asleep. You just don’t feel like it anymore. It’s time to get out of your comfort zone and try something new.
Never go to bed angry. If you and the missus have a fight. Try to resolve it immediately. Pent up frustration can also put a damper on your libido. When you don’t resolve your issues and problems, it will only get worse. Later you’ll be so angry with each other that you would rather punch each other in the face, than kiss each other on the lips. Make sure that all frustrations are dealt with before being intimate.
So you gained a few pounds around your stomach and your pants don’t fit as well as they did a few months ago. You discovered your third gray hair this morning and feel so down because you get tired too quickly when you’re at the gym. The way you see your body, can influence the way you think about sex. When you don’t feel sexy, strong and irresistible, you automatically think that your wife won’t see you that way either. It’s all in the mindset. When you feel good about yourself, you’ll look good to others as well. Think positive about yourself and always try to see your strong points. Concentrate on the things that make you feel good about yourself.
As you get older, your body changes. You suddenly have aches and pains you’ve never had before. Together with the reseding hairline, aches and flabby arms, you lose your desire for sex. Your decreasing testosterone levels can be one of the major reasons that you don’t feel like having sex. You can discuss treatments that will help to increase your testosterone levels with your doctor.